Ensembles are an important part of learning to play a musical instrument and are often the most enjoyable and socially rewarding part of the process. The Music Service works towards providing a musical pathway for all its young players for every stage of learning.
What we offer:
The Music Service currently offers the following ensembles across the County:
- Aylsham Cluster Ensemble
- Holt Training Strings
- Norwich String Ensemble
- Norfolk Students’ Cello Academy
- Norfolk County Strings
- Norfolk Schools’ Training Wind Band
- Norfolk Schools’ Wind Band
- Norfolk County Symphonic Wind Band
- Norfolk Students’ Jazz Orchestra
- Norwich Young Voices
Information about each Ensemble, including grade level, rehearsal venue, and rehearsal times can be found on each linked Ensemble page or in the Ensembles Information Handbook.
There is a standard charge of £50 per term* for an individual membership and £70* for a family membership regardless of the number of ensembles students join. Pupils in receipt of Free School Meals are entitled to a 50% discount on fees, while all Looked After Children can attend Ensembles free of charge.
Parents/guardians will be billed termly (in October, February, and May).
*pricing for 2018/19
Registration for Ensembles is renewed each academic year.
In-School Ensembles & After School Clubs
The Music Service can provide a flexible solution to in-school ensemble provision including after school clubs where required. Tuition can take place anytime during the extended school day and is offered on a wide range of instruments from steel pans to full scale opera projects… just ask!
What we offer:
- A wide variety of ensembles and clubs offered
- Specialist, highly trained, DBS cleared music teachers
- Tuition provided for 33 weeks of the year (further weeks available on request)
- Tailored teaching to meet the needs, aspirations and interests of all young people and your school
- Varied durations available from 20 minutes to 1 hour (40 minutes minimum buy-back).
£38 per hour