Ensembles are an important part of learning to play a musical instrument and are often the most enjoyable and socially rewarding part of the process. The Music Service works towards providing a musical pathway for all its young players for every stage of learning.
What we offer:
The Music Service currently offers the following ensembles across the County:
- Aylsham Cluster Ensemble
- Holt Training Strings
- Norwich String Ensemble
- Norfolk Students’ Cello Academy
- Norfolk County Strings
- Norfolk Schools’ Training Wind Band
- Norfolk Schools’ Wind Band
- Norfolk County Symphonic Wind Band
- Norfolk Students’ Jazz Orchestra
- Norwich Young Voices
Information about each Ensemble, including grade level, rehearsal venue, and rehearsal times can be found on each linked Ensemble page.
There is a standard charge of £50 per term* for an individual membership and £70* for a family membership regardless of the number of ensembles students join. Pupils in receipt of Free School Meals are entitled to a 50% discount on fees, while all Looked After Children can attend Ensembles free of charge.
Parents/guardians will be billed termly (in October, February, and May).
*pricing for 2018/19
Registration for Ensembles is renewed each academic year.
In-School Ensembles & After School Clubs
The Music Service can provide a flexible solution to in-school ensemble provision including after school clubs where required. Tuition can take place anytime during the extended school day and is offered on a wide range of instruments from steel pans to full scale opera projects… just ask!
What we offer:
- A wide variety of ensembles and clubs offered
- Specialist, highly trained, DBS cleared music teachers
- Tuition provided for 33 weeks of the year (further weeks available on request)
- Tailored teaching to meet the needs, aspirations and interests of all young people and your school
- Varied durations available from 20 minutes to 1 hour (40 minutes minimum buy-back).
£38 per hour