The Music Service supports the national instrumental examination system as authorised by QCA and delivered through approved bodies.
We currently prepare and enter pupils for examinations in:
- Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) – including Music Medals
- Trinity College London Examinations
The deadline for Autumn exam entry has passed and the form is closed.
How does the process work?
Pupils are invited to enter for an examination when they are ready. Parents should not enter their children for an exam unless it is confirmed with their teacher that they are at the correct level. Their teacher will explain what is required to pass which could include;
- Learning scales
- Specific pieces of repertoire
- Aural tests
Pupils will be required to purchase their own copies of the music for the exam as photocopies are not allowed.
Pupils will often require an accompanist for the exam for which they are responsible for any incurred costs. Their teacher will always advise on this.
Pupils are responsible for making their own way to the examination centre.
Norfolk Music Service will let the pupil know the date and time of the examination.
When are the next exams?
- Music Theory: Wednesday 6 November at 5pm
- Practical: Friday 6 December, Friday 13 December, Saturday 14 December, Tuesday 17 December