Alderman Peel High School are hosting a concert celebrating the work of Rachmaninoff at Holkham Hall’s Marble Hall with the aim of raising funds for their 88 Keys Project, to replace the pianos at Alderman Peel High School.
The concert, held on Wednesday 19th April will be one not to be missed, with the programme including the following works:
- Prelude in C-sharp minor, Op. 3, No. 2 1892
- Polichinelle in F-sharp minor, from Morceaux de fantaisie, Op. 3 No. 4 1892
- Vocalise, Op. 34, No. 14 1915
- Etude Tableau in A minor Op. 39 No. 2
- Etude Tableau in E-flat Major Op. 33 No. 4
- Third Movement from Sonata in G minor for Cello and Piano, Op. 19 1901
- Valse and Romance in A Major for 6 hands 1891
- Prelude in D Major, Op. 23, No. 4 1903
- Prelude in B-flat Major, Op. 23, No. 2 1903
This will be a special evening with performances by various guest pianists. APHS are delighted to welcome Chris Green-Armytage to perform, among other notable musicians performing, teaching, studying and living in the local area.
Tickets are priced at £12 (£8 under-16s) and available from Alderman Peel High School Office: 01328 710 476 *update* This event has now sold out.
There is also a non-ticketed student piano recital from 11.00am – 12.30pm on Wednesday 19th April.
The 88 keys campaign is 12 month-long project, with 24-hour ‘musicathons’, community concerts, staff ensembles and student lead events, with the aim to purchase a Yamaha Grand Piano for the Hall, and replace the two pianos in the music room at Alderman Peel High School. There will be 88 events in total and opportunities for students to participate, so keep a look out and support the development of music education for all students and communities in Wells-Next-The-Sea.