Norfolk Music Hub in partnership with Norfolk County Council’s Holiday Activity Fund are delighted to bring three days of Music Technology for young people aged between 12 and 16 to Norwich.
Please note that these sessions are now fully booked.
The aim of the 3 days is to bring teenagers from across Norfolk with an interest in Music Technology together to learn to use a professional Digital Audio Workstation, Logic Pro X, to create an electronic music track. We will look at arrangement, sequencing, editing, mixing and production, and students will be able to take home their finished tracks as an mp3 file.
- Day 1: Getting to know Logic and making electronic beats.
- Introduction to Logic Pro and getting to know the different features of the software. How to use Kick, Snare and Hi-Hats to produce interesting beats. Also, adding drum fills, variation and layering to our beats as a foundation for our tracks.
- Day 2: Bass lines and synths.
- We will use bass instruments and soft synths to add harmony and melody to the rhythm tracks we created on Day 1.
- Day 3: Arrangement, adding effects and mixing.
- We will learn how to structure our tracks by using dynamics and texture. Also, we can experiment with applying audio effects to the tracks we created on Days 1 and 2. Students will be able to have a short finished piece of music by the end of the session.
No previous Music Tech experience is necessary. There are only 14 spaces available so please do not delay in registering.
The Big Norfolk Holiday Fun – Active Norfolk scheme is being run by Norfolk County Council and is free to all families with children aged 5-16, who are eligible for means-tested free school meals.
When do these sessions take place?
Wednesday 26th July – Friday 28th July 2023
What age do you need to be to attend
For ages between 12 -16
What will my child do each day?
- 10am: Register
- 10.10am – 11am: Session 1 with music facilitator
- 11am – 11.20am: Break and chill
- 11.20am – 12pm: Session 2 with music facilitator
- 12pm-1.10pm: Daily walk and lunch at The Corner Café, Anglia Square
- 1.10pm – 2pm: Session 3 with music facilitator
- 2pm: Sign out
Where are these sessions taking place?
Access Creative College, 114 Magdalen Street, Norwich, NR3 1JD [view on map]
Does the young person have to attend all the sessions?
Once registered the young person will be expected to attend all three days
What are times of the sessions?
Registration is at 10am each day and pick up is at 2pm. Young people will be expected to remain with the facilitators during this time and cannot leave until 2pm.
Can any young person attend?
Those who claim means-tested free school meals can claim free spaces on the activities. Find out more about this here: activenorfolk.org/public/bignorfolkholidayfun/#FAQ
How many young people will be attending?
Places are strictly limited to 14 places, so sign up as soon as possible to secure your place
Do I need to send my young person with a packed lunch?
All children taking part will receive a nutritious free hot meal as part of the offer. Your young person will be able to choose from a menu offered each morning at registration their meal for the day and lunch will be eaten at The Corner Café, Anglia Square. In addition to this, water, squash, fresh fruit, cereal bars and flapjacks will be available
Does my young person have to eat at The Corner Café and go on a walk each day?
Yes, all participants will be expected to remain together, including during lunchtime. Big Norfolk Holiday Fun promotes healthy living and as part of this opportunity we will each day be eating together and visiting a local park for some outdoor recreational activities: e.g. Frisby, football, rounders etc.