Led by Head of Music Service, Alison Corfield, this CPD event is available free of charge to all schools signed up to any Hub Subscription Package or £75 otherwise.
All children and young people can benefit greatly from singing. Sing Up Membership provides access to hundreds of specially arranged songs, teaching tools and supporting resources for all your singing needs, in and out of school. In this practical workshop you will discover how to implement daily singing in your school and come away with a number of vocal activities to try out when you get back to the classroom.
This training will include:
- A tour of the Sing Up website, what it includes and how to find and use our songs and resources
- How to build confidence in teaching staff (relating to singing and teaching a song)
- A range of techniques on how to teach a song
- How to include singing in the school day (transitions)
- How to support the curriculum with singing in lessons
This workshop is suitable for all school-based staff. It is a full day course with 2 sessions. The morning session will focus on Sing Up and its song bank, and the afternoon session is for Singing Games and Rhymes. Delegates can choose to attend either session or both.
Find out more about Sing Up here.