21 June 2019 is International Make Music Day.
Make Music Day is a free celebration of music. It takes place across the UK and in 120 countries worldwide. Make Music Day is:
- Performed by anyone, enjoyed by everyone
- Open to music makers of all ages, skill levels, and musical styles
- A DIY celebration of music that needs YOU to make it happen
- A way to showcase talent, local music-making and different kinds of music
- An opportunity to promote your venue, business or musical activity and reach new audiences and members
- A chance to have a go at singing or trying an instrument for the first time
- On 21 June (summer solstice) every year
Norfolk Music Hub is helping to spread the word about this opportunity to link into an international event. We have been talking to our partners and some of the performance venues in the County and Norfolk’s libraries are really keen to host performances.
As the day falls on a Friday this year, we would like to explore ways in which we can help schools engage with this day.
If you are interested in being involved, perhaps by a class singing or budding musicians performing to members of the community in your local library then please let us know completing this short form below:
We will then use the information you provide to link you up – where you have asked us to do so – with a local library or community venue.
For further information from the National Coordinator of Make Music Day UK and to download lots of useful toolkits and musical resources check out the website www.makemusicday.co.uk.