Pupils from across the UK are invited to take part in our end of term lockdown pantomime!
In partnership with The Come and Sing Company, St George’s Theatre, Sheringham Little Theatre and NYMAZ, Norfolk Music Hub are excited to announce Rapunzel The Lockdown Pantomime – a school friendly end of term celebration written especially by Nick Earnshaw.
Targeted at Primary students either in school or learning from home, this exciting new project will feature six songs to sing along to, with accompanying resources supplied to learn in advance by The Come and Sing Company.
On Wednesday 16th December 2020, students across the UK will be able to tune in to our livestream and sing along with a live band. The performance will be signed and captioned to ensure it is accessible to all.
We encourage schools and pupils learning from home to dress up as your favourite pantomime character for the day. We’d love to see your rehearsal and performance videos or photos! Please tag us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and share using the hashtag #RapunzelNorfolk
DATE: Wednesday 16th December 2020
TIME: 1.30pm – warm up with Tom and Ellie from The Come and Sing Company / 1.45pm – 2.40pm – one act pantomime
LOCATION: Your school, front room or anywhere where you can sing along and join in.
How to register
- You will receive an email to confirm your registration and further details.
- Any students registering at home must have permission from a parent/carer and must be registered by a parent/carer.
- You will be given access to resources to learn the songs from the pantomime. The link to this will be emailed to you directly on 2nd November.
- You will be sent a code the day on 15th December that will include instructions on how to tune in to the stream
- Tune in from 1.30pm to get warmed up with Tom and Ellie from The Come and Sing Company, ready to sing along and watch the production at 1.45pm
- The performance will be signed and captioned to ensure it is accessible to all
- Don’t forget to dress up as your favourite pantomime character for the day!
- Post clips of you enjoying yourself on social media and tag #RapunzelNorfolk
As part of this project we will also be offering an Arts Award Discover specifically tailored towards this project. To find out more about Arts Awards please follow the link below:
This resource will be available from 2nd November as part of the project resources page.
Follow Norfolk Music Hub on:
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org