Please note this event is now fully booked – Only ticket holders will be permitted entry
SENDfest will bring together children, young people and their families offering a full day ‘festival’ style event.
SENDfest is an event for young people under the age of 25 and will feature multisport activities, musical workshops, vocational opportunities PFAL workshops and keynote speakers for families, children and young people with SEND.
A trade area, live demonstrations and even a fully functioning railway will mean the day will be one not to forget!
- Date: 17th June 2023
- Venue: Easton College Bawburgh Rd, Easton, Norwich NR9 5DU [view on map]
Listen to the audio event description:
SENDfest walkthrough video:
About the event:
Our ‘Proms in the Park’ event over lunchtime will feature a live orchestra and a surprise guest on the Main Stage within the Garden area of Easton College, which will provide a centre point for the day.
Food will be available to purchase from stalls on-site or feel free to bring your own picnic. Sing along with the stars during this inclusive performance celebration!
With designated quiet spaces available this really is a day not to be missed.
Workshops (anticipated group sizes 8-10) will be available throughout the day, delivered by specialised partners including: Community Sports Foundation, Music Worldwide, Vision28, Football Fun Factory, Live Music Now, Lab Media Education, Low Riders Wheel Chair Basketball Club, Orchestras Live, Norfolk Emergency Services, Fun With Trains, Tennis Able and Easton Tennis Centre, along with tutors at Easton College.
A link will be sent to you to sign up to the workshops of your choice prior to the event so you can plan your day.
Timetable of the day
- 9:30am: Car Park and ticketing area open
- 10:00am: Event open and arrival
- 10:15am: Workshop Choice 1
- 11:15am: Workshop Choice 2
- 12:00pm: Exploration
- 12:30pm: Proms in the Park
- 2.00pm: Workshop Choice 3
- 3.00pm: Event ends
Frequently Asked Questions
- How accessible is SENDfest going to be? We have undertaken an accessibility audit for the event at Easton College and will be putting all accessibility recommendations in place to ensure that all young people are able to attend
- What age range is SENDfest suitable for? SENDfest is for all young people and their families under the age of 25 with complex needs
- When will we be able to book our workshops? Emails will be sent out from email@example.com on the 11th May 2023 so that you can specify which workshops you would like to attend
- Do we have to sign up to attend workshops? You do not have to sign-up to attend workshops as there will be other activities available on the day. However, if you don’t sign up to attend workshops in advance there will be no ‘on the day’ availability
- Will there be accessible toilets and changing facilities available? Through our accessibility audit we have identified appropriate toilets/changing facilities with hoist availability and will also be bringing in additional mobiloo facilities to increase capacity
- Will the picnic in the park be signed? The performances will be signed both in British Sign Language and Makaton
- Will there be a walk-through video of the venue made available in advance? The walk-through video will be uploaded to the website on 11th May 2023
- Will there be a map of activities available? There will be a map available on the day to ensure families are able to find their way around the event
- Will there be any designated quiet spaces allocated on the day? There will be 4 spaces allocated as ‘chill-out’ zones/quiet spaces which will be identified on the walk-through video and map
- Will food be provided at the picnic in the park? Families are free to bring their own picnics but there will also be food available to purchase on the day itself
- Will there be medical storage facilities available? At the control centre we will have room temperature and refrigerated storage available for medication should this be required
- What if I have a query that is specific to my family? Please feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.This inbox will be monitored Monday – Friday
Event registration now closed.
The data you provide on this form will be used by data processors contracted by Norfolk County Council and stored within internal servers in the UK. If the media includes images of a child or young person it will not be used two years after the date the image was taken. Data requests should be referred in the first instance to email@example.com