*With incredible sadness we regret that the Royal Norfolk Show has been cancelled for 2020. This means that our live music stages and Virtual Big Sing will be cancelled. We will be contacting all schools and looking at ways to offer a big sing in a different way. More details will be released in due course.*
Our sell-out massed singing event returns this summer, with more opportunities for your school to take part!
Primary, junior and infant schools from across Norfolk are invited take part in an exciting singing Olympic-themed event taking place in the magical setting of the Woodland Arena at the Royal Norfolk Show, which will also be streamed live into classrooms.
We will send you the list of songs to learn and resources to help you learn them in school. We will be creating an Arts Award Discover for pupils to complete. There will also be a free CPD opportunity for staff. Read more below.
This event is presented as part of the MFY Local Network.
DATE: Wednesday 1 & Thursday 2 July 2020
TIMES: 10.30–11.20am* (arrival from 10.15am) & 1.00– 1.50pm (arrival from 12.45pm)
LOCATION: The Woodland Arena at the Norfolk Showground** or your school!
**The Woodland Arena has been upgraded for this year and is now even bigger and nearer the Schools gate!
VOCAL LEADERS: We are delighted to announce that our vocal leaders are the SOPs & beatboxer Mide Naike on Wednesday, and Mark DeLisser & ACM Gospel Choir on Thursday. You may remember Mark DeLisser from the Big Sing in 2018, and Mide Naike has delivered CPD sessions in Norfolk this year and at our Expo in 2017.
How to attend
- Registration to attend is on a first-come-first-served basis. We may close the registration early if capacity is reached.
- You will receive an email to confirm your places and we will keep you updated with further details.
- Children must be in position at least 15 minutes before the performance time.
- There is capacity for approximately 600 children plus accompanying adults to attend each performance. Please note there is no capacity for audience.
- Suitable footwear must be worn.
- Schools may stay for picnic lunches in the Woodland Arena.
- *IMPORTANT* This year, schools must order tickets to gain entry to the Royal Norfolk Show via the RNAA Schools Booking – click here >>
Tickets must be ordered by Tuesday 28 April. School groups without tickets will not be permitted to enter the Showground and therefore will not be able to take part in the Big Sing events.
- As this event is going to be filmed for the live stream we require all pupils have permissions granted to appear in media. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate those without media consent on this occasion.
Please read: Media Statement for schools attending the event
How to tune in
- All schools are invited to tune in to the live stream.
- Once you have registered for the live stream, please save the date and we will send you the link so you can watch live in your school! You can tune in on either date.
- Our live broadcast will be delivered via YouTube so it is a good idea to test another video in advance to be sure that there are no settings on your system which prevent access.
- Tag us on social media on the day to be part of the excitement! We will send you more information nearer the time of the event.
Extra performance opportunity
This year, schools attending the Big Sing are also invited to apply to perform on the Yare Stage at the Royal Norfolk Show!
You can request your performance slot of up to 30 minutes on the registration form and showcase your schools’ talents to a wider audience.
Schools will be notified of performance slots by Thursday 30 April.
We are holding free CPD sessions on the following dates. Please book via our CPD form >> (Login required)
If you are not a Hub Subscriber or do not have a login, please contact us to book your CPD session.
- Wed 25 March 2020 4pm–5.30pm | Woodlands Primary Academy
- Thurs 26 March 2020 4pm–5.30pm | Norwich Professional Development Centre
NB. These CPD events are now cancelled.
If you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.