Pupils and families from across the country are invited take part in our Virtual Big Sing 2020!
Following the success of the Big Sing in 2018 and our first ‘Virtual’ Big Sing in 2019, we have partnered with Charanga, NYMAZ and artist Rebecca Osborne to bring an interactive, digital concert to every young person in the country.
We have selected a list of songs and online resources for families and school groups of all ages to rehearse using Charanga, and everyone is invited to tune in and join us for the exciting live event. Resources will be available from Monday 18 May.
Norfolk Music Hub has enlisted a little help from some well-known friends to help you find your voice!
Our Music Maestro
We are delighted to announce that our vocal leader for this event is Mark De-Lisser and he will be assisted by some celebrity singers! You may remember Mark De-Lisser from our Big Sing in 2018. Mark also arranged Ben E King’s performance of Stand By Me for the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in 2018, as well as performing in the choir on the day.
DATE: Friday 19 June 2020 (replayed on Sunday 21 June 2020 at 2pm for anyone who missed it or who wants to relive the experience)
LOCATION: Your school, front room, garden or anywhere where you can sing.
How to register
- You will receive an email to confirm your registration and further details. Keep an eye on our social media channels each Friday for big announcements!
- Any students registering at home must have permission from a parent/carer and must sign up with the email address of parent/carer
- You will access the resources with your Charanga login. If you do not have a login, please contact your music lead at your school/academy. For support with accessing the resources on Charanga for Norfolk schools please contact Krista Ribbons. All other participants must contact their local Music Education Hub.
- If you’re taking part as a school and want to share the resources with your students, take a look at our How To Guide (pdf).
- You will be given access to the songs that will be singing on the day.
- Choir master, Mark De-Lisser, will give you instructional support with learning the songs
- We encourage you to learn the dances via the instructional videos, and to learn to sign Somewhere Over The Rainbow
- Make sure you register your performance on Make Music Day, a global celebration of music making, which also takes place on Sunday 21 June.
- You will be sent a code on the morning of the Virtual Big Sing and instructions on how to tune in to the stream
- Tune in at 2pm and join Mark De-Lisser and friends who will be joining you from around the world in with your performance
- Don’t forget to dress up in your best party clothes and party with us!
- Post clips of you enjoying yourself on social media and tag #VBS2020
Keep an eye on our social media channels for big announcements each week!
Follow Norfolk Music Hub on: