Pupils and families from across the country are invited take part in our Virtual Big Sing 2021!
Following the success of last year’s event, #VBS2021 promises to be bigger and better with artists from across the globe encouraging everyone to sing loud and proud. This year we will be streaming from the famous Abbey Road Studios and feature live Q&A sessions with each artist along with some special guests. We have again partnered with Charanga, NYMAZ and this year welcome Music For Youth and Viking Sound and Lighting to bring an interactive, digital concert to every young person in the country.
We have selected a fantastic arrangement of songs and everyone is invited to tune-in and join us for two exciting live events:
VBS2021 Secondary: 11.00am Thursday 1st July 2021
VBS2021 Primary: 1.30pm Thursday 1st July 2021
The VBS2021 resources will be live on Charanga, from 12th April 2021 and feature a full range of musical and interactive activities.
Our Music Maestro
We are delighted to announce that our vocal leader for this event again is Mark De-Lisser and he will be assisted by some well-known celebrity singers! You may remember Mark De-Lisser from our Big Sing in 2018 and our Virtual Big Sing 2020. Mark also arranged Ben E King’s performance of Stand By Me for the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in 2018, as well as performing in the choir on the day. Mark is also the vocal coach for The Masked Singer where he works with each of the celebrities.
If you have a question that you would love to answered by one of the stars please complete the form on the link below and listen out on the day. You may hear your school or class mentioned.
How to register
- You will receive an email to confirm your registration and further details. Keep an eye on our social media channels for our artists announcements!
- Any students registering at home must have permission from a parent/carer and must sign up with the email address of their parent/carer
- You will access the resources with your Charanga login. If you do not have a login, please contact your music lead at your school/academy.
- If you’re taking part as a school and want to share the resources with your students, take a look at our How To Guide (pdf) or view Charanga’s help article.
- You will be given access to the songs that we will be singing on the day.
- Choir master, Mark De-Lisser, will give you instructional support with learning the songs
- You will be sent a code on the morning of the Virtual Big Sing and instructions on how to tune in to the stream
- Tune in and join Mark De-Lisser and friends who will be joining you from around the world with your performance
- Don’t forget to dress up in your best party clothes and party with us!
- Post clips of you enjoying yourself on social media and tag #VBS2021
Follow Norfolk Music Hub on: