Drake Music’s Think2020 programme is about strengthening inclusion in the music education sector, from providing progression routes for disabled young musicians to improving diversity in the workforce. Along with Youth Music they are offering a free webinar for music teachers, leaders, support staff to:
- learn more about the framework
- ask questions about how to use it
- improve your awareness of how it can fit into your practice
- discuss examples of the Quality Framework in action
Free training opportunity for music ed staff
The webinar is co-hosted by Youth Music’s CEO Matt Griffiths and Drake Music’s Education Manager Jonathan Westrup.
The session is FREE, but you need to register in advance to ensure your place and to receive all the event information. Visit Drake Music website for full details.
Further Reading – Sharing good practice
Part of the Think2020 work is sharing good inclusive practice across the music education sector:
- ISME – The Gloves are ON! – A reflective post from musician Kris Halpin on his experience attending the ISME conference on behalf of Drake Music.
- Inclusion is not a choice – Think2020’s key conference message
- Working with PGCE Students – Insights from our work with universities
- Reimagining Creativity – Reflections on this conference at Manchester Metropolitan University re-examining mainstream ideas about creativity
- Top 5 iPad Apps for accessible music-making – With thanks to our AM Ben Sellers for sharing his list!