Musical Futures and Norfolk Music Hub are working in partnership to deliver a year of professional development, *FREE* to all secondary music teachers in Norfolk.
The Musical Futures Norfolk programme will show how adopting Musical Futures approaches can help to:
- address issues of transition
- provide practical ideas for how to deliver the new GCSE specifications
- fresh ideas for composing, improvising and songwriting
- workshop new ideas for inclusive extra – curricular music in school
- increase numbers taking Music beyond KS3
- get more students taking instrumental lessons
- Increase participation in concerts and performances
- Improve engagement with classroom music with ideas for your transition day, starting with Y7 then moving onto approaches and ideas for KS3 and KS4 music.
The programme will be led by Musical Futures Champion teachers Fiona Sexton and Kitt Garner and will consist of 3 full day practical workshops, collaborative planning, discussion and an opportunity for students to take part in a day of music making and performance at the end of the year.
For more information and to complete the registration form, go to http://www.musicalfutures.org/in-house-training/attention-music-teachers-norfolk