We are delighted to be able to offer educational settings in Norfolk the opportunity to book a visit from Playground Proms in March 2024!
This is an opportunity for Infant, Primary and Complex Needs settings across Norfolk to register their interest.
What are Playground Proms?
Playground Proms are arena-style classical music workshops delivered directly to primary schools by specially trained professional Graffiti Classics musicians. The comedy string quartet will perform classical music in a fun way to create an inspirational educational experience.
- Performances last one hour.
- Suitable for primary schools – KS1 and KS2.
- Tailored Proms for Complex Needs Settings.
- Dalcroze sessions in advance of main performances with a specialist practitioner.
- The whole school can attend as it is performed in the school playground (or hall if the weather is poor).
- Schools learn an anthem, specially written for Playground Proms, and are invited to add their own lyrics and perform it during the workshop with the musicians. All the resources are provided.
- Resource packs for teachers and students are provided.
- CPD session for school teachers to take place on Tuesday 13th February 2024, 3.45pm-5.30pm.
This project offers:
- A pre-performance workshop from a Dalcroze specialist. This will be an allocated time between Monday 11th March and Friday 15th March, when a specialist is in your area.
- A Playground Proms performance on your playground or school hall if the weather is inclement. This performance will be allocated to you on a date and time between Monday 18th March and Friday 22th March. The time and day allocated will depend on when the performers are in your area.
Register Your Interest
If you would like to be considered to be part of this project, please complete the registration form below.
Please note that educational settings will be advised if they have been successful in obtaining a place on this project by Wednesday 13th December.
On receipt of registering your interest in this project, we will allocate workshops based on locality coverage and travel considerations.
The data you provide on this form will be used by data processors contracted by Norfolk County Council and stored within internal servers in the UK. If the media includes images of a child or young person it will not be used two years after the date the image was taken. Data requests should be referred in the first instance to Alison Brain who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.