35 schools in Norfolk experienced live music performances by specialist teachers from Norfolk Music Service this May.
This year, schools across Norfolk were invited to request a performance and suggest possible themes or styles that will engage their pupils in a bespoke way. We were delighted to have a varied mix of suggestions, such as:
- Instruments of the orchestra
- Pop/rock music
- World music
- Film music
- KS4 set works
From 15 May – 17 May 2019, six groups of specialist music teachers travelled the County, inspiring pupils with their performances.
For many pupils, seeing music performed live was a new and positive experience.
- “This will have encouraged many of our children to want to learn an instrument. The interaction from our 400+ children was incredible and we wouldn’t hesitate to book a performance like this in future years.” – Teacher
- “They performed lots of great songs and really made the school upbeat and happy! It was a real treat for us all!” – pupil
- “They have been learning about music from around the world in their lessons, and this was a fantastic opportunity to see it performed live by some very talented musicians.” – Teacher
- “An imaginative demonstration of how instruments work, featuring music by ‘a double reed made of straw and live scissor cutting’ and ‘hosepipe Superman’… The most popular instrument to take up in September is now set to be the tuba!!” – Teacher
Did you have Live Music Week in your school?
Please fill in our evaluation form >>
*Save the date for the next Live Music Week!*
Booking will open on our website in June. £100 per workshop or performance.